School Psychological Services-Supervision
One of the key roles of a mentor is to observe your mentee and provide feedback on their work. Most of the trainings are based on how to observe and supervise a teacher in the classroom. This module is specific for how to observe and supervise a school psychologist.
- Read the NASP Position Statement on Supervision in School Psychology located here.
- Reflection: After reading the position statement on supervision, type a one-page reflection (12 point font, double spaced) and submit it below. You should address the following:
- How will you schedule supervision time to be sure you are constantly maintaining appropriate frequency and duration of supervision?
- How will you identify goals for your supervisee, bsaed on the Comprehensive Model and measure their outcomes?
- How willl you incorporate NASP's 10 Domains of Practice into your supervision?
- Are you being provided with adequate supervision in your own practice?
- Who or what do you access for ongoing support?